11/19/11

faux fireplace?

So with Christmas approaching, I was getting excited about decorations, and then I got sad that we don't have a fireplace. boo. So then naturally, my next thought was "Jeff, build me a fireplace." Not a real one of course, just the shell so it looks like we have a fireplace. Jeff wasn't sold at first, so i showed him a bunch of pictures of other people who have done this in their homes.
Here is some of my inspiration:

Pinned Image

Pinned Image
via Pintrest
Pinned Image
via Pintrest
Pinned Image
via Pintrest
Pinned Image
via Pintrest
Pinned Image
via Pintrest
Pinned Image
via Pintrest
Pinned Image
via Pintrest

I was torn between the crisp clean white fireplace and the awesome stacked wood ones.  Plus, Jeff has some old wood he "found" that we have been thinking of projects for.  So I think we are going to make a stacked wood faux fireplace and paint it white.

Jeff says he can do this for me before Christmas!   Yay, I cant wait to hang our stocking from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment